Job description includes section “Duties and requirements for all hotel crew”
The Bar Manager reports to the Hotel Manager
Directs the daily operation of vessel’s Beverage Sales Operation including the effective administration, supervision and execution of POS programs consistent with the company standards and goals of providing excellent service while generating maximum revenue.
- Directs the activities of beverage service personnel.
- Directs and ensures the implementation and execution of Hotel operation policies and procedures within the beverage department.
- Controls, measures and reports bar sales outlet performance on a daily basis and takes required corrective action to ensure operations are in accordance with the company standards and objectives.
- Responsible, together with the Hotel Controller for ordering and inventories of all beverages, bar supplies, and equipment. Should have some knowledge of the MXP purchasing system.
- Achieves or exceeds bar revenue and cost objectives for the established cruise program targets. (KPIs)
- Develops and recommends merchandising and promotional programs to maximize bar revenue and service objectives for established cruise program targets.
- Implements together with the Hotel Controller inventory and audit procedures for beverage facilities consistent with operational policies and directives. Along with the Hotel Controller, ensures beverage inventories in storeroom and bars are at the par level determined by the company. Responsible to maintain total integrity and security of all beverage requisitions for the stores.
- Responsible for achieving guest quality standards and rating for beverage services consistent with company goals. (KPIs) Conduct training of Bar personnel when necessary to improve skill level to maximize the passenger experience.
- Assures beverage facilities are maintained at company standards and meet or exceed USPH / HACCP requirements or as set by the company.
- Directs and coordinates the assignment, training and scheduling of beverage service personnel in accordance with operational requirements and as required by the Hotel Manager.
- On a daily basis makes an effort to check in with every member of the beverage team; monitor their physical appearance, mood and the overall operation.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all equipment in bars, pantries, and store rooms as per USPH requirements.
- Create and implement ideas that will increase revenues and/or reduce cost for the company.
The following courses and/or certificates are mandatory:
The following courses and/or certificates are required or desired:
- LAW I
- Quality Customer Service
- English Testing
- Sexual Harassment
- Crew Fraternization
- Team Building
- Performance Appraisal
- Fire Fighting & Prevention
- Hazardous Materials
- Workplace Safety
- Beverage Service Training
- ECP Environmental Training Tier 1, Tier 2
- Basic Sanitation
- Advanced Sanitation
- Pest Control
- First Aid/CPR/Heim
- 24 hours/day on duty when required.