The position will be responsible to create documents, operate office equipment, distribute internal and external mailings and performs other ad hoc daily office tasks. These tasks include but are not limited to: database system maintenance, typing, filing, reception, heavy inter-department communication, reporting, administrative writing, computer, managing processes, organization, analyzing information, problem solving, supply management and verbal communication.
The Corporate Hotel Operations Administrator reports to the President.
The KPIs for the Corporate Hotel Operations Administrator are, but are not limited to, the following in the Hotel Operations area:
- Timely distribution of monthly KPI report
- Timely distribution of accurate minutes of various meetings
Overall Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly KPI reports
- Ensure department’s working schedule is up-to-date
- Maintains shipboard Head of Department (HOD) rotation schedule
- Keeps charterer’s contract grid up-to-date
- Maintains Month Ahead report
- Manages inquiries
- Receives and responds to correspondence
- Furnishes information in a timely manner
- Conveys messages to concerned individuals
- Prepares and clean up conference room for meetings when needed
- Receives visitors
- Administers department record keeping system
- Receives and distributes incoming mail
- Assembles correspondence for mailing
- Collates and assembles documents
- Assist Procurement in the creation of purchase orders, based on departmental needs
- Purchase office items when instructed
- Records management
- Receive and sends Ocean pay cards to the vessels
- Run Credit card transactions
- Provides support to onboard crew when possible
- Bridges accounting and shipboard personnel inventory wise
- Prepare credit applications
- Arranges travel for Hotel Operations staff
- Communicates instructions or requests from the VP Finance, VP Hotel Operations, Manager Hotel Operations Logistics, and HR Manager to various individuals and/or departments to obtain or relay information
- Assume receptionist duties, answer phone, route calls, and take messages on as a needed basis
- Assist the Management team with administrative duties as requested (senior administrative assistant, human resources and all).
- Cooperate in the maintenance and/or modification of company data collection systems
- Assist with database management for quality assurance.
- Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested.
- Type word process documents as needed.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and consumers.
- Assist with various program operations as requested as responsibilities permit.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the President. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Background and Experience:
- Experience in general office procedures
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of principles of office management
- Operation of standard office equipment
- Ability to handle several situations at once with confidence
- Capable to work independently and as a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Organizing and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Stress tolerant
- Computer applications skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Illustrator)
- Multi-tasking abilities and good follow-up skills